Friday, June 26, 2015

It's Here!!!!!! by Jack Kirby

Thank you, John Morrow, for making a Cap'n dream come true!  I've been chomp'n at the bit for months over this, I know (pardon muwah), but here tis, a great mag with a great-great cover.  About twenty years ago, I sent a conglomeration to John in the hopes of getting a free issue (lame, I know, but that's me), and he sent me a very gracious note saying he had never seen the unpublished Big Barda comic book cover, and I was in Kirby Collector heaven, and I have been ever since.  The Jack Kirby Collector re-fanned a flame that felt like it had gone out, and that flame has been burn'n ever since.  As most folks know, that passion led to me starting this blog a little over five years ago (thanks also to Tony Robertson for the blog idear), and I've been having a blast ever since

2 comments:

  1. Love the Kirby Collector. Never miss an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True dat! An old bud from waaaay back told them at the comic shop to tell me hey, and I asked why he happened to be in, and they said, "oh, he only comes in for one thing anymore--The Jack Kirby Collector"

    ReplyDelete